Friday, September 13, 2013

Month 8....



                      The pictures above are of me on my 8th month naturalversary.
 
After months and months going through with styling my hair differently almost every day I decided on my 8th month I would embark on my first personal protective hair challenge. My hair had really taken off with the growth and I wanted to challenge myself to keep my hands out of my hair by using protective hair styles. I started this challenge in hopes of only washing/co-washing my hair twice in that month but that was short lived after I was a few days pass my usual wash day. (hehe) My hair had been washed or co-washed every week at that point for over a year and I just couldn't take it, just pampering my hair wasn't enough so I had to tweak my challenge and go back to washing/co-washing each week. In addition to washing/co-washing my hair I also pampered my hair wash day and at least once during that week, always keeping my hair in one particular protective style. I must say my hair did grow. I can't really say whether or not it was due to the protective styling or if it was my natural growth but either way it grew so that was a plus! If you want to see my videos on my challenge check out my playlist "Protective Style Challenge #1" on my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1aNPuH0LxIsapzKT1BriBAMx8T2-d9-Y
 
Here are a few of my protective styles I wore during the challenge:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment