Saturday, September 7, 2013

Transitioning Days.....

When I started my transitioning phase I was super excited. Finally I was going to have healthy hair again. I spent a lot of my spare time watching YouTube videos on transitioning hair styles or looking up all kinds of information on oils and hair products and I jointed the curly nikki forums to read the posts about hair care and what other transitioners were doing and experience in their journey. I have met some awesome women via social networking and we all find ourselves stalking each others hair from time to time through YouTube, Instagram etc.(in a good way of course LOL). My transitioning phase didn't last as long as I wanted it to when I first started it but I learned a lot about how to care for my hair, mastered how to do flat twists, how to moisturize my hair and developed a regimen for my hair that hasn't been changed much even to this day. My transitioning lasted from May 12, 2012 (the day I decided to transition without heat) to the day I BC'd September 22, 2012; 4 months and 10 days...with a total 5 months 15 days post relaxer.


May 12, 2012 the day I started my natural hair journey

twist out with two strand twists and flat twists


flat twist out


bantu knot out with a pump


flat twists out added a goodie band


flat twist out..




If you want to see more of my styles check out my instagram page: http://instagram.com/nunusstyles_# 





No comments:

Post a Comment